On my way out

My bags are packed, my phone service is suspended and I have that feeling that I'm forgetting something. Hopefully I'm not, because I will be leaving for a day of travel to East Africa in about 30 minutes. On the agenda is a 4 hour car ride to Chicago, followed by 4 hours in the airport, and then two 8-hour flights. But then I will have finally arrived to Africa. I've never traveled overseas so this is a whole new ballgame and don't really know what to expect. I've relied on the advice and wisdom of others to help me decide what to pack and how to mentally prepare. For someone who is as anxiety-prone as I am, I can say that I'm handling this all pretty well, which is a blessing by itself.

As far as predictions go, I'm thinking that my ideas about consumerism and possessions will change from this trip. I'm hoping that I will also gain perspective on my own roles in helping others and spreading the good message. I have no idea what I'm in for, but this should be a good couple of weeks.

It feels strange to know that I'm leaving the country and the people in it behind. I know I'll see them again, so I'm not completely freaking out. I'm too excited to be nervous, and I think that's the best way to have it. 

I'll be using my phone primarily for internet access and as a camera, so the blog will be updated as often as I have Wi-Fi. That's all I got for now!

2 comments :

  1. Just sent you a text and realized you might not get it if your service is suspended so I'll just comment here. Sorry we didn't get the chance to say a proper goodbye. We love you and are thinking of you and praying for you! It will be awesome. :) You've got this (and more importantly, God's got this). Blessings on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad & I are so proud of you and will be checking for your updates. We love you!

    ReplyDelete