On Travel

Things I've learned while travelling internationally.

1. I am much more of a picky eater than I thought.
2. I am much more affected by smell than I thought.
3. I am able to sleep better on airplanes than I thought.

Last night we arrived in Nairobi around 8 pm. Customs and visas took a bit, finding our luggage took the longest. By this point I was still getting used to the differences between countries and kept to myself. I've been spending a lot of time looking out the window, not because I don't want to talk to anyone, more because I'm just trying to take it all in. Driving through Kenya is crazy, and there's no way that I would be able to do it myself. I'm thankful that we have a driver.

The accommodations over the past few days have been very nice considering the rest of the countryside. We have flushable toilets and our own beds, so there's not much to complain about, Making the change to not be on the internet all the time has been a change,, but a good one. It makes communication with family and friends that much more special, so keep it coming!

2 comments :

  1. Yay! An update! Glad to hear that you're doing OK so far. I'm sure you can already tell that you'll feel a lot differently about some things when you get back home. Blessings on your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - The drivers in India were CRAZY, too. I'm so glad I didn't have to drive there, either!

      Delete