Fun Weekend in St. Paul!

This weekend was so much fun and a much needed day date for Justin and I.
Our work and school schedules conflict so often recently, so I was really looking forward to spending a WHOLE DAY together! Not just three hours or so.

We drove to St. Paul in the late morning to go to the Science Museum. Justin really likes Science so I made the suggestion. He was the one who suggested the cities, but we didn't know what we wanted to do.

St. Paul from the car

When we got to the museum, it was much more kid centered than I thought it would be, but we got a lot out of the bottom floor, which was all about physics and math (go figure). It was also cool to see a real mummy and dinosaur bones. 

Justin looking at the amoebas on the human body floor

I took this photo to try to figure out how to make this for my future classroom ;)

The mythical creatures exhibit had a lot of cool statues, like this unicorn

Afterwards, we (I) got very hungry and walked a little bit down the road to Zamboni's Pizza. Justin had been saying all day about how we will be going right across the street later that evening. Well, right across the street is the Xcel Energy Center where the Minnesota Wild hockey team play. We have been talking about going to a Wild Game all year, and Justin's parents were almost going to get us tickets to a game for Christmas, but didn't know when we wanted to go. Since we had already gone somewhere that day, I thought he was just teasing. 

We did go to a game though! We sat in the very highest seats but it still felt like we had a good view. The game was a good one to watch because I got to see my first shootout and my favorite player (Mikko Koivu) won the whole game for us!

I kept saying all day how fun I was having. Although all day dates are few and far between for us, they sure are fun. 


No comments :

Post a Comment